Go Back   Ecuador.com Discussion Forum > Society/Sociedad > Ecuadorian Politics/Politica Ecuatoriana

Notices

Divorce in Ecuador

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd September 2002, 01:20

Question

Hola, soy Americana y tengo una pregunta:

In America, you can divorce someone, take them to court, or resolve the problems out of the marriage with out being sued or going to court by just agreeing to leave eachother alone and go on with your lives.

I have a a man that I have a daughter with, who has "divorced" this woman that he married behind my back...he had a change of heart. I am having a hard time believing such divorce procedures, because I do not know what to believe, I don't know Ecuador laws I am American.

He says that the woman's Family is sueing him becuase he supposedly beat her or abused her. Can a family do this, or is he just making this up? Also he says that once the woman leaves the house and moves out, then that is how people make the divorce official. Don'y say I am naive, but tell me, is this true, or is he just making excuses to hide something? He has sent one half of the plane ticket fair of 1,800.00 for me and my daughter to travel there and stay for a few months so that we can be a family again. I really look forward to this, but this doubt is lingering in my mind that he is keeping something from me.

He now asks me not to buy the plane tickets until a couple weeks later ( I was ready to purchase these tickets this week) because he thinks he may have to go to jail or something. he says he is in trouble and he does not want the police to stop him with me or his daughter. Is this possible, or again is he lying to me? Before he lied and said he would have to be in jail for 3 or 4 months, but he was telling me lies because he had gone and married this girl, I believed him. Now he is making excuses again about jail time, when It was getting so close for me to fly over and be a family together. His Mom really wants to see our daughter too. Don't be too hard on me, but what do you think?

Por favor necesito ayuda!

Si solemente hablan uds espanol, respondeme, entiedo, pero por favor responder.

[Edited by REINADECUENCA on 4th September 2002 at 15:17]
Old 9th September 2002, 21:01

Unhappy MENTIRAS

Querida Reinadecuenca,
Lo lamento, pero te están diciendo PURAS MENTIRAS.
Old 10th September 2002, 00:20

Angry Responder a la pregunta- QUE TAN MENTIROSO!

Todas son mentiras?
No puedo crearlo!

Si esta es la verdad pues no se que me voy hacer.

Que piensan las otras personas?

Le rompio a mi carazon!

Responde por favor.

Y tambien cuando responden uds dimelo donde viven uds ( en Ecuador, la ciudad, y si vivan uds cerca o lejos de Cuenca)

Que tan mal! El es tan mentiroso, ..estoy enojada con el!
Old 19th September 2002, 20:47

Quote:
Originally posted by REINADECUENCA
Hola, soy Americana y tengo una pregunta:

In America, you can divorce someone, take them to court, or resolve the problems out of the marriage with out being sued or going to court by just agreeing to leave eachother alone and go on with your lives.

I have a a man that I have a daughter with, who has "divorced" this woman that he married behind my back...he had a change of heart. I am having a hard time believing such divorce procedures, because I do not know what to believe, I don't know Ecuador laws I am American.

He says that the woman's Family is sueing him becuase he supposedly beat her or abused her. JBF: THIS COULD BE TRUE. Can a family do this, or is he just making this up?

Also he says that once the woman leaves the house and moves out, then that is how people make the divorce official. DIVORCE IS A LEGAL PROCEDURE, JUST LIKE IT IS IN THE STATES. THE DIVORCE IS OFICIAL WHEN THE JUDGE SAYS SO, NOT WHEN SOMEONE, REGARDLESS IF THEY´RE MEN OR WOMEN, LEAVES.

Don'y say I am naive, but tell me, is this true, or is he just making excuses to hide something? He has sent one half of the plane ticket fair of 1,800.00 for me and my daughter to travel there and stay for a few months so that we can be a family again. I really look forward to this, but this doubt is lingering in my mind that he is keeping something from me.

He now asks me not to buy the plane tickets until a couple weeks later ( I was ready to purchase these tickets this week) because he thinks he may have to go to jail or something. he says he is in trouble and he does not want the police to stop him with me or his daughter. IF HE IS IN TROUBLE, HE IS IN TROUBLE ALREADY, NOT BECAUSE YOU OR YOUR DAUGHTER ARRIVE TO ECUADOR. IF HE HAS ISSUES WITH THE POLICE, AND THEY FIND HIM, THEY WILL ARREST HIM, NOT YOU OR THE CHILD.

Is this possible, or again is he lying to me? Before he lied and said he would have to be in jail for 3 or 4 months, but he was telling me lies because he had gone and married this girl, I believed him. Now he is making excuses again about jail time, when It was getting so close for me to fly over and be a family together. His Mom really wants to see our daughter too. Don't be too hard on me, but what do you think?

Por favor necesito ayuda!

Si solemente hablan uds espanol, respondeme, entiedo, pero por favor responder.

[Edited by REINADECUENCA on 4th September 2002 at 15:17]
I LIVE IN GUAYAQUIL, BUT THE LAW IS THE SAME ALL AROUND ECUADOR.
Old 12th October 2002, 16:04

HE'S LYING!!! I'm from Ecuador and can tell you that when it comes to divorce, the laws are the same in any democratic nation. I suggest you check with the Ecuadorian consulate, perhaps they can do a check on this guy. DO NOT GO TO ECUADOR before you do this! Good luck!
Old 21st July 2007, 09:41

Hi! Divorce in costa del sol spain isn't practice.