No announcement yet.

Moving to Cuenca

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so sorry to hear about Bill. I hope his wife is doing well, she is in my thoughts and prayers.
    I mentioned Wal-Mart ONLY because I purchase my medications from them, I do understand what you mean when you say thank goodness they aren't there. I was just thinking if they were the possibilities of getting the medications may be easier. I wasn't sure if pharmecies were universal or if they were called by other names. The only medications that seem to ease my pain are Methadone and Hydrocodone. They are both considered narcotics in the states and regulations on them are very stringent. I have to pick my prescriptions up on a monthly basis and hand carry them to the pharmecy to have them filled. Mailing isn't an option because of that. I do appreciate your response and will look into the yahoo group Ecuador_Expats. I am so hoping that my life isn't going to be ruled by my medications although I am feeling a bit defeated. Again, thank you for responding to my inquiry.

Comment

thinking of moving to Cuenca

within the next 2 years approximately. I did wonder if you brought anything down with you or just got rid of all your belongings and started anew. Also, I do a lot of work on the internet and I was wondering how prevalent internet access was there. I work with a fellow from there who have a lot of family there so I have gotten some information..but I am curious to hear from and expatriate sort of view point. Also, I will be visiting and am curious where the Cafe is. Thanks

Comment

Relocation Plans

I did find out about my medications, they are not available in any other location that I have found thus far besides the United States. I have relocated to Georgia and am enjoying the weather so far. My family is due to move to Peachtree City, GA by the end of the month. I have had to let my dream go of living out of the states until there is some type of medical treatment of a more permanent basis for my back. I was thoroughly disappointed that I couldn't move to Ecuador or any other location out of the states. I am however grateful the meds are available at all. Maybe some day I can visit and see it in person, the pictures look lovely. I wish all of you the best life has to offer, wish I were there with you. GOD BLESS!

Comment

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jamie and I am looking at moving to Cuenca. I meet someone from there and have since decided that I want to be where she is since I know family ties are a lot stronger in Latin culture. I am 36 and would still need to work. I am a Network Administrator at a college in North Carolina right now and would like something in that field. Do any of you know of any jobs down in Cuenca that I may be qualified for? Also any information you might want to pass on about moving down there would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any and all info.

Take Care,
          Jamie

Comment

Moving to Cuenca

Although I have never lived in CUENCA I did move to Loja which is only 5 hrs. south of Cuenca. Because of the costs of shipping it isn't sensible to bring much more than clothes, books & a lap top.
            The cost of living i.e. rent, gas, water, electricity, telephone & food are low there stuff like appliances, furniture etc. are on the (quite) high side. So if you can I suggest you try to find used stuff there. It is much more difficult to do so than here but can be done.
            To start I would suggest finding a place & just getting the bare essentials i.e. bed and table w/ chairs. For starters you might even want to go w/ a plastic table & chairs (I did) like you use outdoors here. They are cheap & easy to find. That way you have those to use while you take your time finding a real kitchen/dinig room set. Then gradually you can take your time looking for what you like/want/need and shopping for the best price.
            You might also want to try to bring w/ you sheets, towels, & perhaps blankets if you're able. Internet access is readily available everywhere.
            What is difficult if not impossible is for Americans to get a job any job and, even if they DO succeed in getting the paperwork necessary to work in Ecuador the pay rate is so low as to be.........
            Basically moving to Ecuador is for either people w/ the capitol to start their own business or someone that has a pension or retirement that they can live on. I would not suggest moving to Ecuador if your plan includes finding & getting a job to support yourself w/ without buying a business or opening one & even then you need to have backing in case things should go south........ Yes family ties are VERY strong down there & it's wonderful!

Comment

Hello everyone!
              I was wondering about the cost of living in Cuenca, Quito and perhaps Loja (Patty where you live).... how are the prices in terms of accomodations for a simple place for a single guys just looking to sleep (safely) and spend the rest of my budget on living? I have made up my mind and I will be in Ecuador in March the only small problem I have is that I have not decided where exactly my flight will land! It will be an adventure from what I can tell and I cant wait. Also what about this visa business, would I be able to just hope into Peru or Columbia and then come back to get an extension after the 6 months for the turist visa? Are the visa regulations enforced (not that I plan on hiding out or anything)? Any suggestions?
              Thanks
              Oh yeah I have a budget of about $300/ month for food rent and entertainment.... I know its not much but it is what it is and I'm ready for an adventure... Is this possible in any part of Ecuador?
              Thanks

Comment

Hello out there. thinking of moving perhaps to cuenca next year. looking for e mail buddies in Cuenca.

Comment

Thinking about moving to Cuenca.

We could help you out. Shipping containers, legal advices, real state, visa advices.

uz.asesoresecuador@gmail.com
                  Last edited by admin; 18th January 2011, 11:53.

Comment

Hello everybody,
                    My husband, my daughter and I are thinking about moving to Cuenca next year. Does anybody know how much are utilities and what kind of business would be good to open in Cuenca?
                    Thanks

Comment

Hi, My name is Grace, and my Husband Mark, we plan to visit Cuenca, Ecuador in the summer next year 2013. We are also planning to move there for an indefinite time, we like the view of the country, and the economy. We are both retired, Medically, but can still get around fairly good. We have a dog, and three birds. Can any one tell me about the birds being taken there? and what I have to do. I know about the dog, but havent found out about what is involved with transporting my birds, which are two quaker parrots, and one cockatiel.
                      Where is the best place to stay when arriving in Ecuador? If we can fly into Cuenca, what is the name of the airline we take? We will be leaving the united states, entering Ecuador. Any and all info I can get.. will be very helpful.

Thanks so much.
                      The Freemans

Comment

Where can we find out where to rent when we come back again to live. We are scouting out as many places as possible. We do not want to buy, just rent. We are looking for a two bedroom, two bath.apartment with security.

Comment

Working...
                        X